Handle credit control and collateral monitoring / management functions. Improve work processes and build a strong compliance culture
- To ensure proposed credit facilities/conditions adhere with the Bank’s policies, guidelines, conditions of approvals and legal requirement and ensuring all necessary approval have been obtained
- Preparation of facility and credit documents such as facility letters, standard bank forms and legal documents for Borrowers execution
- Checking and review of conditions precedent for credit documentation and ensuring compliance of these conditions prior to activation of facility limits
- To monitor for condition subsequent, post disbursement conditions and credit documentation and ensure close follow-up for completeness
- To work with business units, legal counsels, credit and policy owners to resolve documentation matters
- Liaising with legal counsel for repayment, redemption and cancellation of facilities to ensure smooth completion of documentation
- Monitoring and tracking of outstanding, expiry and renewal of credit documents, insurances valuation reports and credit & loan covenants
- To safe-keep and perform custodian functions for credit files, security and collateral documents.
- Obtaining legal fee quote, engagement and appointment of external legal counsels, foreign legal counsels, insurers and valuers
- Ensuring prompt payment of legal fees, insurance premium and valuation fees
- Attending to request from Credit and Business Units for retrieval of executed documents
- Update and System Maintenance of credit review date, Borrower information and details such as classification of Borrowers
- Ensure effective control of all areas and monitor the accuracy and efficiency of daily operations
- Manage and approve day-to day limits management of drawdowns, such as limit activation/maintenance, earmarking of collaterals, foreign currency drawings and repayments
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to internal stakeholders, Management, Head Office and Central Banks within the Branch are accurate and sent timely
- Provision of Pre and Post Disbursement Documentation checklist to CED for annual review
- UAT testing, handling of on-going projects such as Olympics, Unit Trust, Credit Documentation Review and Contract Financing etc.
- Conduct review of panel of Legal Counsel and Valuer on annual basis with the relevant stakeholders
- To ensure Business Contingency Plan for the department is up to date
- To operationalize new processes with regards to changes of new products and services
- To streamline processes and improve operational efficiency
- Preparation of monthly Credit Committee meeting pack
- Review implementation and control of acceptable collateral, cap price, single counter limit ad grandfathering of shares.
- Review and monitor margin call, excess collateral shortfall, overdue instalment, and other credit exceptions and track for ratifications and approval.
- Review and monitor outstanding documentations, special covenants and conditions for compliance.
- Review and monitor compliance with regulatory limits.
- To be familiar with local law and regulation and ensure compliance to rules and regulations in terms of documentation and reporting
- To ensure that Credit Admin SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) is up to date
- Preparation and checking of documentation for Audit and handling of audit issues and queries.
- To achieve satisfactory results in internal and external audits
- To rectify issues identified during the audit within the time frame stipulated by Audit and to ensure that there are no repeated exceptions