- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager – Valuation Control
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager – Valuation ControlAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Carry out independent fair valuation of private equity investments at quarter-end reporting, using mainly the Income and the Market Approach.
- Perform in-depth analysis with regards to appropriate valuation methodologies, investees' earnings forecasts / projections, etc., and challenge / analyse the underlying assumptions used in the fair valuation.
- Be familiar with Bloomberg / Reuters and other external vendor services pricing.
- Prepare summary quarterly reports for senior management / valuation committee meeting.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with various stakeholders, both internal (PC, Internal Auditor, Business Unit, Front Office) and external (External Auditor), and provide full support as part of the quarterly reporting requirement.
- Assist in calculating the Prudent Valuation Adjustments number, as part of the quarterly reporting requirement.
- Perform research to stay updated on the latest market practices.
- Follow and monitor closely news flows / key developments / significant movements of the portfolio of investments.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5-8 years of experience within the financial industry (preferably related to private equity, investment banking or business valuations).
- University degree level, preferably Finance / Business / Accounting or similar
- CA, CFA equivalent qualification preferred.
- Strong financial modelling skills (MS Excel).
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels both written and oral.
- Analytical and challenging mindset.
- Strong sense of integrity and financial independence is required.
- Detailed product knowledge, fully conversant with industry and accounting issues, valuation techniques, liquidity and risk issues etc.
- A first class Finance / Valuation Control division, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
- Driving closer alignment between Product Control and Valuation Control.
- Positioning of Valuation Control as a more business focused function with a strong understanding of the business and its drivers.
- Ensuring a strong internal control environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.