The candidate is accountable for completing technology audit projects (including key risk audits, project audits, integrated audits, annual SOX audits, and other ad hoc projects). While remaining totally independent, Audit Services function adds value to senior management and the board of directors by collaboration with various technology and risk management departments and the delivery of audit results to improve the management of various forms of risk at client place.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and participate in multiple audit projects in parallel that may have changing scope, timeline and resources under a complex technology environment.
- Provide management with timely recommendations that reduce risk, help them run their business better, make strategic and operational decisions, and oversee management of risks and controls.
- Managing relationships with senior management, external auditors and regulators including MAS from Singapore as well as BNM and SC from Malaysia.
- Manage and take the lead of audit engagement under Asia segment and collaborate with North America audit teams on global audits.
- Plan and execute technology audits to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of key controls and adequacy of risk management practices; collaborating with management to obtain a consensus on establishing the problem, risk exposure; produce meaningful audit reports that clearly articulate the position on risks and related issues, while meeting Audit Services operational targets related to budget, timeline and quality of execution.
- Perform integrated/cross functional audits in partnership with groups across Audit Services to provide comprehensive reporting on risks that could prevent the achievement of management’s objectives.
- All types of audits may be performed such as: technology, project, integrated audit as well as the assistance with the annual external audits, regulator inspections and other projects.
- Special work may be performed as determined by department priorities.
- Travel within Asia is required. Locations include China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Occasional night calls with North America is required.
- Reporting to Senior Manager located in Hong Kong
Experience & Qualifications:
- University degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline with 4 to 6 years’ Technology audit or IT Advisory experience.
- Recognized professional auditing (CPA, CIA, CISA) or security (CISSP, CISM, CEH, CHFI, etc.) designations
- Solid Technology Audit experience. Application development and IT security advisory experience would be an advantage.
- Previous Big-4 experience is preferable with audit experience in financial institutions.
- Proficient in Excel and other CAAT tools such as PowerBI
- Good knowledge of audit methodologies including Agile Auditing, control frameworks and risk management techniques, including current information security or application management technologies.
- Proven track record in leading and managing audit engagements to deliver audit results on time and under pressure.
- Good business knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Results oriented; able to strike work balance on multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Strong team player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge and vice versa.
- Provide clear and timely constructive feedback. Take steps to address feedback results.
- Staying current with latest technologies understanding the associated emerging risks.
- Staying current the changing laws and regulations on technology such as cyber security for responsible markets under Asia segment.