Mainframe Application Delivery Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Dec 17
Are you passionate about managing software delivery? Do you have a background in building robust and scalable COBOL software running on IBM z/OS mainframe? Are you a committed team player who wants to motivate a great team with a professional software development culture? We're looking for someone like this to help us:
- lead a team of business analyst, software engineers and tester who will create and support enterprise solutions for Wealth Management
- drive the technical design of application components in concert with software architect and SMEs in trade booking space in Switzerland
- manage the development and implementation of new features and functions, analyzing business requirements, contributing to the design and the implementation of the solutions as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- work directly with developers, business and systems analysts, and business users to coordinate and report testing activities with a drive to ensuring quality of deliverables
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be based in Singapore and working in Client Orders APAC team, part of IPS Global Order Manager (Client Orders) team in Wealth Management IT. The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized, Structured and Treasury Products for Wealth Management in EMEA and APAC, and is core to the One Wealth Management Platform globally.
Your experience and skills
– worked as an Application Delivery Lead before and 12+ years of diverse software development experience in the Investment/Financial Technology arena, preferably in a Wealth Management/Private Banking
– proven track of delivering high quality COBOL applications on z/OS mainframe platform
– strong business change experience and business process knowledge in the order finishing, booking and settlement
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– responsible and committed to deliver results
– good at coordinating multiple activities to get work delivered
– an excellent team player with ability to build trusted working relationship with users and third party vendors
– able to work effectively in a complex and highly regulated industry, and globally distributed teams
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.