MTS 1, Software Engineer
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 103 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is a public (Nasdaq:PYPL) company and is made up of three leading online payment services: the PayPal global payment service, the Payflow Gateway and Bill Me Later. More information about the company can be found at PayPal.com. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. Come join our Singapore Software Development Centre as a MTS1 Software Engineer in Compliance engineering team. You will be working on the world's leading payment solutions and enjoying our world-class facilities, excellent working environment at the best place Singapore has to offer, the Central Business District. The primary role of the MTS1 Software Engineer is to provide technical and domain expertise in the design and delivery of software and infrastructure for PayPal's web site. This person is a highly-experienced technical expert, who understands the business domain very well, and is well-versed in the software implementation of PayPal's web site. Beyond this, the successful candidate is expected to be multi-disciplinary, and is a multi-talented senior member of the technical team. The duties performed by MTS1 Software Engineer vary, and may span technical design and consultancy, troubleshooting, performance analysis, process improvement, and technology development, etc. MTS1 Software Engineer has a stewardship role in ensuring the continued growth and improvement of the environment, capabilities and stature of the Centre. Responsibilities
- Work with business entities, product owners, domain tech leads and architects to crystallize business needs into product features, acting as a bridge between business and technical domains.
- Consult with business entities on feasibility, technical requirements and cost estimates for new initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Provide technical and domain thought-leadership, and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Review and approve software design and implemented code.
- Provide effective cutting-edge design/solutions for implementing product features.
- Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance of the Centre in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business.
- Define and devise processes, tools and methodologies to achieve excellence in software development, testing and deployment, and in the management of the Centre.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 7-12 years of professional experience
- Highly competent hands-on experience in some of the following:
- Enterprise architecture/software design/implementation, particularly large-scale web-based systems. (J2EE, .NET, Linux/Apache)
- Database design, performance tuning and optimization. (Oracle/Sybase/MySQL)
- C++, SQL or Java programming.
- OO-based analysis and design.
- Software design and development methodologies, including agile methods.
- Systems/network design, systems performance tuning.
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications.
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendations. Must have experience in justification of technology solutions to business leaders.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations.
- Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred.
- Experience in engineering support of a product through a PDLC preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.