MSS Innovation Lab Leader- Singapore
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success. Description
Citi's Innovation Labs are a global network of innovation centers focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to Citi's Institutional Clients Group lines of business.
Our Mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients, manifested as change in the way they operate, by providing innovative solutions with strong client engagement, from idea to production, and by leveraging the entrepreneurial spirit within the Lab teams.
Our Labs Network is a global organization that spans across Dublin, London, New York, Singapore & Tel Aviv, and various other locations globally. We focus on delivering innovative products using cutting-edge technologies in highly complex architectures and with the highest delivery standards. The labs perform research and implementation in many advanced domains spanning across AI, Machine Learning, NLP, Analytics, Distributed Ledger Technologies and many more.
We are currently looking for an excellent leader to manage our Markets and Securities Services-focused team in the Singapore Innovation Lab. This role includes management of a growing team of high-performing technologists, and responsibility for a delivery of a wide portfolio of critical products and technologies with particular focus on our Markets and Securities Services businesses. The ideal candidate is a senior executive with great passion for innovation and cutting-edge technologies, who's both highly technical and business-driven, and with proven ability to deliver projects from idea to great scale. Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- Leadership and Management of adjacent and disruptive innovation activities regionally from discovery, to early stage experiments to production in collaboration with Labs, senior stakeholders, business and technology partner and clients.
- Effectively Manage our executive stakeholder audience by acting as a partner, trusted advisor and operating through influence.
- Engage our clients, showcasing the best of Citi's innovative spirit and delivery capability to address our client pain points and identify co-creation opportunities.
- Stimulate innovation internally through collaboration in key corporate initiatives .
- Monitor the team's overall progress, as well as proactively responding to any risks or issues, which may arise.
- Become a focal point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the innovation lifecycle and work with internal and external partners to design, validate and deliver solutions with a commercial benefit for Citi
- Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes & complexity
- Create new & maintain existing partner and vendor relationships .
- Manage project budgets , resource plans and deliver to plan.
- Foster external innovation through mentoring start-ups, leading FinTech Accelerator programs and running regional Hackathons.
- Manage multiple teams of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning while monitoring end results
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards
- Provide evaluative judgement based on analysis of facts in complicated, unique, and dynamic situations including drawing from internal and external sources
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders across functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Lead a research and engineering organization with responsibility for a wide range of projects and domains
- Lead technical processes and standards across the global innovation labs organization, related to AI/ML, NLP, Blockchain/DLT, Digitization & Automation and more with a specific focus on our Markets & Securities Services businesses and develop partnerships across the Global Lab Network.
- Create new and/or support existing ICG information sharing channels - technology forums, speaker series, online posts etc. - to disseminate the gained knowledge and expertise to ICG technology, operations and business community
- Academic degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent. MSc or MBA - preferred
- At least 10+ years of experience in the software industry
- At least 3 years of proven experience in leading engineering teams
- Strong and diverse technical background. Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies, influence highly skilled engineering teams and overall have a personal impact on technology decisions and vision.
- Experience with cloud architectures, and specific experience with public cloud offerings
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
: This role provides significant opportunities:
PERSON SPECIFICATION Knowledge / Experience
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a critical member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, flexible, smart individuals whose daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will have access to a get number of Citi's executive management team.
Job Family Group:
- A background in innovation including experience of lean start-up, design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial awareness.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Proven track record in innovation and delivering enterprise level solutions from initiation to production deployment.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of early stage initiatives through to successful delivery.
- Exposure to the data science, blockchain or IoT spaces and understanding of current / potential impact on Banking.
- Experience of delivering complex programs involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty.
- Experience of applied research, experimental development and early design activities to validate/invalidate ideas.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and uncertainty.
- Technologically strong and business savvy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups from senior stakeholders and clients to junior team members including senior stakeholder management, project/program management, strategic thinking, tactical & operational solution provision, senior internal/external client interaction, risk management, and presentation & reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting