MGR/AVP, Fixed Income Syndicate Analyst - Global Treasury, GT Syndication
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
The Global Treasury division aims to be the centre of excellence for Asian financial products. Our market dominance is demonstrated by the numerous accolades we have received for product innovation and customer recognition. Key Responsibilities
Fixed Income Knowledge and Credit Fundamentals
- Good fixed income product knowledge should be a given, and the candidate should also have the ability to evaluate bond transactions and structures.
- The candidate is expected to be knowledgeable about Singapore/SEA issuer credits, market fundamentals and technicals of the Singapore dollar bond market (minimally) and the Asia ex Japan dollar market.
Familiarity with Issuers or Investor Group
- Ideally the candidate would already possess good relationships with issuer or investor groups.
- The junior hire is expected to very quickly assist the desk on pricing and solutioning for all requests.
The ideal Candidate would meet the following requirements:
- 3 - 6 years of experience in Syndicate, DCM or a credit related role
- Credit analytical skills and knowledge is expected
- Syndicate pricing methodology, bond structuring and covenant package knowledge would be an added advantage
- Must be able to operate independently in a team environment and be comfortable with running a deal independently from origination to pricing.
- Strong command of English language is required and Mandarin would be an added advantage
- Highly proficient in writing commentaries that would be required in our line of work, distilling the key information required succinctly.
- Strong verbal communication skills are also required as we would need to face Issuers and/or Investors regularly.
- Given the small team set-up, the candidate would need to be a strong team player, and be able to multi-task as we cover several aspects of the fixed income origination/distribution value chain.
- Given the above requirements, we see the candidate being someone with a background in either DCM or Syndicate to be able to adapt to the team and contribute quickly
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.