MGR/AVP, Financial Reporting and Advisory
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Group Finance looks beyond providing numbers. We add value in the decision-making process and facilitate the formulation of effective business strategies. We uphold the integrity of our financial records and ensure that the highest standards are applied in our reports. We provide financial analyses and insights to management and businesses to make informed decisions. We engage our stakeholders regularly to keep them abreast of the Bank's financial performance and development.
As a guardian of the Bank's financial resources, we facilitate efficient allocation of scarce resources to guide and steer business growth. We evaluate new business opportunities to strengthen the Bank's position and competitiveness.
We are a fun, dynamic, diverse and nurturing group and we believe that people are key in building a forward-looking finance team. Key Responsibilities:
- Handle the preparation of Expected credit loss (ECL) monthly reporting for management and accounting ECL recorded for the Group
- Perform variance analysis to understand the drivers behind the movements in ECL for business units and countries across the Group
- Prepare related schedules and reports on credit reporting for monthly/quarterly closings/annual financial statements
- Provide support for regulatory reports/submission and assists in responding to ad hoc task and queries.
- Identify, streamline and automate processes for effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in ad hoc projects and UAT testing
The ideal Candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Degree/professional qualification in Accountancy, Business or equivalent
- Knowledge of risk and compliance policies are an advantage
- Relevant 4-8 years of working experience in areas of financial reporting or financial data management in the banking industry
- Dynamic and able to work under pressure
- Proactive and meticulous
- Strong analytical data mindset and flair for numbers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.