MGR/AVP, Corporate Planning & Development (CPD) Officer
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Department Description
Group Finance looks beyond providing numbers. We add value in the decision-making process and facilitate the formulation of effective business strategies. We uphold the integrity of our financial records and ensure that the highest standards are applied in our reports. We provide financial analyses and insights to management and businesses to make informed decisions. We engage our stakeholders regularly to keep them abreast of the Bank's financial performance and development. Responsibilities
To be part of the Corporate Planning & Development Team, supporting the senior team members in executing transactions and other duties, including administrative matters like compliance reporting, monitoring of investments, and other reporting. Qualifications
The ideal Candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Able to think logically, independently and in a structured manner, strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity; keen to learn new things including following changes in the technology and ESG issues which impact the financial world
- Enthusiastic to take on new responsibilities and projects, even if outside areas of expertise or roles, beyond one's comfort zone
- Good interpersonal skills to engage across departments and divisions and able to communicate and articulate points clearly and succinctly
- Principled, strong personal values and integrity in personal conduct
- Strong ability to listen and to carry out instructions appropriately
- Highly detail-oriented and well organised in their work
- Speaks and writes clear English succinctly
- Full fluency (reading, writing, speaking) in Mandarin preferred as role is required to cover Greater China.
- Good academic track record, preferably graduating in technical (engineering, computer, etc, or non-finance related fields) with minor in finance (though not critical)
- Experience in banking or finance sector is not a requirement. Working experience in consultancy practices and technological areas will be an advantage.
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.