Linux Systems Engineer - Singapore
Fantastic opportunity for a pragmatic Linux engineer with expert skills in infrastructure systems engineering to join a talented team at this tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm.
A complex and involved role, you will be designing, developing and striving to always improve the platforms and tooling, and also automating complex processes to reduce manual tasks. You will maintain the current infrastructure and tooling while constantly evaluating new technologies and techniques, choosing those which are most appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record with a scientific degree from a top-tier university, have more than three years' experience as a Linux or Site Reliability Engineer and be passionate about open-source technologies.
***Interviews will be remote; ideally start dates will be in-house, but they're flexible.*** Requirements
- Excellent engineering skills on Linux, with experience of developing automated builds and patching cycles, rolling new kernels and fixing open-source tools
- Expert at shell scripting and the ability to write code in Python (or other OO)
- Experience with configuration management and deployment (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with one or more distributed systems (e.g. Elasticsearch, Cortex or Cassandra)
- Previous exposure to one of the following would be highly desirable: containerisation; monitoring applications; logging tools; production experience with cloud-based providers; knowledge of trading systems.
- Competitive compensation package
- They're willing to be flexible with WFH
- Challenging work within a truly flat structure; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Generous benefits package, including life & health insurance, pension, onsite gym, yoga, climbing wall, pool & table tennis and regular staff social events
If this sounds like you or you would like to know more, please get in touch: Andy Stirling-Martin