Legal Division, Technology, Intellectual Property & Contracts, Technology Transactional Lawyer, Associate / Vice President - Singapore or China (Beijing / Shanghai)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru, Singapore and other major financial centers around the world. LEGAL DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. Professionals within the Legal Department provide high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business related activities. Whether you are an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group may be right for you. TIPC LEGAL
The Legal Division is looking for a legal counsel, with financial services technology expertise and experience to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling, structuring and negotiating technology, outsourcing and intellectual property-related transactions.
This is a role for a legal counsel to join an existing team that, as part of its role, supports the firm's technology, corporate services, strategic sourcing and operations divisions for contracting initiatives in Asia Pacific excluding Japan, working closely with the Senior Legal Director and Senior Counsel (based in Singapore) responsible for the legal support for the firm's regional contract requirements.
This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across different businesses and geographies and to interact closely with colleagues through the firm's Legal and Compliance functions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide advice and counsel on financial services-related technology and general commercial transactions; software, data and content licensing; data security; data use and privacy issues; hosting, cloud computing and software services agreements; outsourcing agreements; professional services agreements; internet exchanges and marketplaces in the APAC region with significant focus on Chinese contracts.
- Assist senior leadership of the Legal Division in developing, documenting and implementing contractual protections, processes and policies to effect compliance with the evolving legal and regulatory environment in respect of the vendor arrangements.
- Coordinate and review outsourcing processes.
- Working closely with internal business clients and Legal and Compliance colleagues in identifying, assessing, advising on various regulatory questions and inquiries.
- Working with Legal and Compliance colleagues regarding the structuring, negotiation and execution of complex transactions.
- Provide general legal and contract related advice.
- Draft, review and coordinate internal services agreements.
- Instructing / working with / manage external counsel and consultants.
- Review and maintain library of contract templates and manage shared document library, including updating templates and related source documents.
- Uphold the firm's principles, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures, and professional standards
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong knowledge of technology, outsourcing and intellectual property laws and regulations.
- Demonstrable commercial transactional or contractual experience (minimum of 3-5 years' post qualification experience) gained in private practice with a top tier law firm and/or financial institution.
- Significant experience in reviewing, advising and negotiating technology and strategic sourcing contracts, information security, data protection and privacy, services and outsourcing arrangements, preferably on a regional basis with exposure to both common law and civil law jurisdictions in the APAC region; added experience in Chinese contracts would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills: demonstrated commitment to excellence and project management skills to manage a host of initiatives related to technology, strategic sourcing and vendor management arrangements and multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Team player with sound commercial and legal judgment, and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business groups within the firm; ability to work on a team of diverse individuals; ability to work collaboratively and willingness to be part of a Legal team that is dispersed geographically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives across a host of disciplines and businesses.
- Highly motivated and proactive; ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of projects and has a strong work ethic.
- Ability to take firm positions to protect the firm's interests; keen business acumen.
- High level of initiative, integrity and organization.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Strong command of the English and Chinese languages (written and verbal).
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.