Legal Counsel, Group Wealth Management
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide advice/support for new products (and promotions) launched by the following teams: Managed Investments; Treasury Investment Solutions; Investment Consultants. Bancassurance.
- Review term sheets, trade confirmations, distribution agreements, electronic trading agreements, terms and conditions, legal opinions and all other legal documentation relating to the new products (and promotions). The new products include fund offerings, structured products, derivative margin trading and OTC equity accumulators/decumulators.
- Support all matters initiated by the Regional Business Enablement team, including service level agreements, introducer agreements, fee arrangements and intra-group outsourcing between Maybank entities.
- Assist with the drafting of client communication in stages during the implementation process of Premier Wealth Avaloq. Provide advice on the migration of accounts and facilities onto the Avaloq platform.
- Draft new Terms & Conditions for Premier Wealth, & Private Banking.
- Review letters of offer issued by the Bank to borrowing clients and also other credit and security documentation such as assignment documents for insurance premium financing facilities and SWIFT letters of undertaking.
- Review the forms, terms and conditions for all promotional events.
- Advise on and review all client communication updating customers on developments relating to their investments in securities.
- Support day-to-day matters and enquiries arising from the front office as well as the Products teams, the Investment Consultants team, the Investment Strategy team, Operations, Compliance, Business Governance & Assurance, Operational Risk Management and other middle and back office functions.
- Draft the Bank’s legal agreements for the new credit products being rolled out by Credit Structuring & Solutions, including Express Credit and commercial property financing.
- Work with external counsel on the legal opinions and the Bank’s credit and security documentation.
- Draft and review the Bank’s agreements with external asset managers.
Law degree holder with at least 5-6 years of proven experience in wealth management (including private banking) within a law firm and/or a bank, specifically, in the high net-worth and mass affluent space.