Legal Counsel (1-3 PQE) - Venture Capital - Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
Our client is a well funded VC with a focus on investments in the technology sector within the region. They seek a corporate lawyer familiar with a myriad of matters including but not limited to general commercial contract matters, investment funding and raising, emerging disruptive technologies and who are keen to operate in a start-up environment.
Scope of role/responsibilities:
- Manage the legal work for companies within the region
- Advise on diverse/cross-border legal matters and contractual review including terms of business and contracts
- Support high level review of early-stage investment documents, manage deals processes and prepare documents for signature
- Prepare and review documents facilitating fund and investor closings, review fund materials, coordinate fund closing timelines and related filings
- Draft, prepare, maintain and review of contracts and other legal documents
- Manage regulatory enquiries and investigations
- At least 2 PQE with legal experience gained from a law firm or in-house organisation
- Experienced in managing a regional portfolio and familiar with how VCs operate, and familiar with emerging disruptive technologies
- Desire to proactively engage in risk mitigation strategies and to create tools and processes to help the businesses perform more effectively while mitigating risks.
- Passionate about early stage tech and venture capital
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.