Legal Counsel - >5PQE - Insurtech/Tech
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Recruit Legal
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
Our client, a renowned firm, is looking for a Legal Counsel to cover their insurtech business. They are open to candidates with tech experience and have dealt with licensing and data privacy issues.
- Provide timely, commercially focused and industry leading legal advice on transactions, regulatory issues and legal developments generally.
- Management of significant and varied workload with minimal direction.
- Legal risks are identified and managed appropriately as demonstrated by reports which summarize material legal risk issues.
- Assist the Head of Legal in proactively monitoring and mitigating legal risks in accordance with the Standard.
- Ensure appropriate liaison and cooperation with business areas to promote risk management reporting, control and awareness initiatives within those areas and business units in order to provide reasonable assurance that those business areas are controlling legal risk in accordance with the Standard.
- Active management of external lawyers.
- Contribute and utilise skills and knowledge to enhance the performance of the team.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing all legal contracts required by the various functions
- Advising on legal and regulatory requirements Providing legal and transaction management support on strategic and M&A transactions carried out in the Asia Region (including purchases, disposals, bancassurance arrangements, joint ventures and restructurings) and managing external counsel, where utilized.
- Coordinating legal and regulatory efforts, reports and responses amongst the Business Units in the Asia Region to Group requests
- Called to a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Senior lawyer with relevant post-qualifying experience (minimum 5 years PQE) in private practice and/or in-house positions. Particular experience in dealing with technology, licensing and data privacy issues strongly preferred.
- Experience of dealing at senior management and executive level.
- Proven ability to provide legal advice for major projects and to negotiate and manage relationships with third parties and external advisers.
- Broad understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.