We are looking for a dedicated and pro-active individual to join our Group Secretariat & Legal team. The candidate we're looking for should have 4 years of PQE, experience working in the insurance industry, and this role will support our IT and Distribution Divisions.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal agreements entered into by the group of companies in the ordinary course of insurance business (life and general.
- Advising the business units on legal implications of various transactions (including cross-border M&A work, corporate finance and investment management activities), including advising on trademark issues and litigation matters.
- Manage/provide legal support in any ad hoc projects or activities that have a legal/regulatory impact on the organization.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies that are applicable and relevant to the group of companies, including (but not limited to) the Companies Act, Insurance Act, Financial Advisers Act and SGX-ST Listing Manual rules.
- Assisting to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for organization-wide compliance with various group policies, including the Group Legal Policy.
- Performing any duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Group Company Secretary & General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel, from time to time.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Possess a law degree from a reputable university and be called to the Singapore Bar;
- Have at least 4 years’ PQE at a law firm or as in-house counsel, preferably with insurance experience. Candidates with experience in drafting/negotiating IT contracts and/or general corporate/commercial/litigation experience will be considered as well;
- Be able to work independently and yet be a strong team player;
- Be resourceful, possess strong inter-personal skills and able to manage business demands in a pro-active manner.
- Familiarity with corporate secretarial work and SGX-ST Listing Manual requirements would be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.