- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Wirecard Asia Holding Pte Ltd
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
About the Company: Wirecard provides financial institutions and regional and international merchants in Asia Pacific with a wide variety of payment and issuing processing as well as fraud management solutions. Catering to the specific needs of regional merchants across a broad spectrum of industries, we are connected to more than 100 financial institutions and local payment schemes in Asia Pacific. Wirecard's subsidiaries in Asia Pacific are part of Wirecard AG, headquartered in Germany and listed on the Deutsche Börse Frankfurt (Frankfurt Stock Exchange, FSE), Prime Standard. Find out more about Wirecard Asia: www.wirecard.asia
About the position:-
Wirecard is hiring a legal counsel for its Asia Pacific (APAC) operations. The candidate will report directly to the Senior Legal Counsel, APAC to support him in a variety of matters including:
- Liaising with external counsel and managing corporate secretarial services providers in the region.
- Corporate/commercial contract drafting on a wide array of topics in various industry verticals including merchant agreements, partner agreements, MoUs, JV documentation, NDAs, board and shareholder resolutions, etc.
- Liaising with various stakeholders from Munich to APAC.
The ideal candidate would have the following profile:
- 2 to 4 years' PQE.
- A degree from a reputable university with excellent academics.
- An understanding of financial services laws and the payments industry preferred.
- A vibrant personality.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- Good people, time and matter management skills.
- An ability to work in a diverse and multinational organisation.
- A willingness to learn on the job in a fast paced environment.
- Have not just a legal but commercial mindset with an ability to think ‘out of the box’.
- Willing to travel at short notice if and when required.