Lead Specialist, Portfolio Services (Reconciliation)
- Not Specified
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Job Summary The Reconciliation Team in Portfolio Services Department is responsible for the controls and integrity of data within internal architectures through the reconciliation process. The team undertakes validation of records daily through breaks investigation and tracking of issues arising from reconciliations, monitoring them through
The Reconciliation Team in Portfolio Services Department is responsible for the controls and integrity of data within internal architectures through the reconciliation process. The team undertakes validation of records daily through breaks investigation and tracking of issues arising from reconciliations, monitoring them through to resolution. The team has critical dependencies on all other Portfolio Services functions for timely, accurate and complete information.
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, clients, counterparties, custodians and administrators.
- Ownership of breaks and investigations of differences, including overdrafts, through daily stock/cash reconciliations against custodians/administrators.
- Ownership of breaks and investigations of differences via reconciliation against counterparty records.
- Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income.
- Provide information of internal or external records as requested.
- Perform integrity checks, static data setup and maintenance within internal systems.
- Updating internal records through FX matching process for Custodian dealt FX.
- Work through high volumes, prioritise and manage workload according to risk or deadlines.
- Ensure timely resolution of breaks through working with internal operations teams and external parties to resolve the exceptions at source and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Act as first level escalation point for unresolved and high risk discrepancies.
- Ensure business controls are implemented and adhered to, and identify possible opportunities for improvement.
- Assist management through implementing changes for practices and procedures, using initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to improve accuracy and reduce operational risk.
- Engage internal functions or external parties to build and develop good working relationships.
- Provide coverage in the absence of team leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good client awareness
- Proactive problem solving skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently within specified deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own and others work
- Desire to learn and develop others
- Strong interest in learning and harnessing new technology
- An interest in pursuing a career in the operational space of the Investment Management / Financial Services industry
- Minimum diploma or equivalent relevant work experience
- Previous experience in reconciliations / investment accounting preferred
- Strong and proven investigations skills preferred (liaising with internal & external parties)
- Experience in the Securities or Fund Management industry preferred
- Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired
- Proficient in basic software including MS Excel