Lead Specialist, Performance
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Team Overview The Regional Performance Service team in Singapore provides reporting and analysis for all pooled and segregated accounts managed in Singapore and Australia. The team also provides reporting support for Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Japan. The team uses the Bi-Sam performance and attribution
The Regional Performance Service team in Singapore provides reporting and analysis for all pooled and segregated accounts managed in Singapore and Australia. The team also provides reporting support for Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Japan. The team uses the Bi-Sam performance and attribution reporting system (B-ONE) which provides an integrated platform for data control, calculations and reporting. Other performance systems used are Statpro, Factset and Morningstar. This role will be responsible for delivering accurate, reliable and timely reporting to internal clients, including fund managers and client directors. The candidate will have exposure to all asset classes, but his/her main focus will be fixed income.
Overview of role
- Ensure that performance and attribution is calculated and reported in accordance with procedures and controls and delivered within agreed service levels.
- Quality assurance of output from performance systems; resolution of issues including escalation to Team Leader and Head of Performance
- Provide in depth attribution analysis for Account/Fund Managers via B-One/Factset and other applications.
- Assist in the development of performance/reporting solutions for new instruments/products and to enhance offerings for existing products.
- Implement enhancements required to service, based on core systems.
- Provide Morningstar data and competitor analysis as requested.
- Calculate manual and customised benchmarks where required.
- Liaise with internal clients and peers in the team to deliver service to acceptable level.
- Communications with other business areas necessary to improve accuracy and reliability of performance and attribution reporting.
- Produce reporting and possible solutions where it cannot/ has not been automated in core systems.
- Reconciliation of performance data with third party custodians and administrators where necessary.
- Keep up to date with current industry standards (GIPS).
- Collate data and maintenance required for the annual GIPS audit.
- Performance projects and solutions to improve efficiency and for new requirements.
- Create and maintain up to date procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of dedicated experience in performance and attribution analysis in an asset management company.
- Candidates experience must include a significant exposure to fixed income and able to respond to queries and ad-hoc requests from stakeholders, including fixed income front office teams.
- High technical knowledge of performance and attribution reporting.
- Is able to work independently with internal stakeholders to understand and provide solutions for new performance and attribution, requirements from new products, transitions and instrument types.
- Strong practical knowledge of GIPS standards, composite maintenance and verification.
- A high level of numeracy which can be practically applied to problem solving and investigations.
- Good knowledge of Portfolio/fund accounting and the dependency on performance and attribution.
- Able to prioritise, work on own initiative and under pressure, and focus on continuous improvement, quality and delivery.
- Effective communication skills, verbal, written and presentational.
- Ex-post risk statistics reporting.
- Work effectively both as an individual performer and a team player.
- Procedures and controls focus.
- Graduate with a numerate and or finance discipline.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- CIPM/CFA or willingness to study for the CIPM qualification
- Fixed income attribution experience.
- Systems experience; B-One, Factset, Statpro Composites, Morningstar, Aladdin (Prism) VBA/Macro and SimCorp Dimension