Lead Software Engineer (Pega), IT - Digital Franchise Platform
You are responsible for designing and developing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements You will need to partner with key roles (e.g. project managers, business analysts, vendors etc.) to craft solutions that are aligned to architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services and meet timeline and financial targets. The Job
- Designing and developing Pega BPM applications.
- Minimally 8-10 years of experience on Pega CPM, CPMI ,SFA ,pega marketing frameworks preferred
- Troubleshooting application issues, coding bugs, and bottlenecks.
- Expertise on various integration technologies like SOAP, REST, MQ,HTTP.
- Strong understanding on Application Security / File listeners / email listeners.
- Well versed with SDLC, Agile, CD&CI methodologies.
- Ability to execute development of Re-usable Assets, Code Reviews and IT Governance for Pega Practice.
- Pega CLSA is responsible for architecture and designing business applications using Pega PRPC and other Pega frameworks.
- Conducting system performance tests.
- Maintaining the security of all system applications.
- Work with the various Business and IT stakeholders to create a detailed technical analysis analysis, outlining problems, and suggest solutions to fixes and enhancements.
- Gather and analyze user requirements, and prepare detailed functional, technical and integration specifications & related documents with standards and procedures.
- Competent ability with SQL - able to write functional queries and procedures.
- Work with delivery team to deliver system according to specification as well as track the tasks assigned to the team in meeting project schedule, quality.
- To Support/execute implementation activities and support post implementation.
- Provide Communication to all stakeholders to ensure deliverables are delivered.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Minimum of 8 years of technical experience in both IT software development projects and/or IT operations system support roles.
- Candidate must have Pega Certified System Architect or Pega Certified Senior System Architect.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical lead role involving PEGA implementation.
- Strong technical and business acumen with the ability to lead a small technical team.
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in software development using one or more programming languages Proficient in Java, strong experience in development of multi-tier applications using JAVA and spring boot applications, development of microservices will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of mobile security E.g. web vulnerability, native apps security, authentication mechanism, session management, application-level encryption, PKI, application signing, etc.
- Familiar with SOA, API integration, service design and development with hands-on experience using REST, SOAP, webservices and/or other web protocols for application integration.
- Application performance monitoring and tuning experience is desired.
- Worked with Agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Understanding of TOGAF or other formal architecture frameworks is desired.
- Working knowledge of application design frameworks, UML or equivalent design artifacts is required.
- Worked in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment with strong appreciation of change/version control process and methodologies.
- Worked with Automation tools (E.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, Marvin, Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Working experience in a financial services industry and/or operating under strict regulatory constraints is an advantage.
- Problem solver with ability to see things in multiple angles, constantly challenge the norm and constantly looking for better solutions to problems.
- Strong presenter being able to articulate differentiated value to a wide range of audiences.
- Independent team member being able to make judgements calls in a fast-changing environment with limited or ambiguous information.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with "@greateasternlife.com". Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.