Lead Software Engineer (Java) - CICD Engineering Lead
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
You will be leading Java-Slang Integration (JSI), a global team of Java/polyglot developers that engineer the runtime of a proprietary build pipeline for the build, test and deploy at scale of some of the firms most business critical applications. The platform and the surrounding tool chain that form the JSI ecosystem allows the production of binaries that interop our proprietary front office language, SLANG, with the JVM ecosystem.
Containing tens of millions of code, JSI is leveraged by hundreds of software engineers daily to build products with a focus on Global Markets and Consumer and Investment Management Divisions. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products with reduced time to market, higher reliability and have material impact on our engineer productivity.
Engineering @ GS Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Core Engineering / Developer Experience @ GS Part of the Goldman Sachs' Core Engineering group's function is to provide best in class language supporting and tooling for our engineering community to facilitate the building, testing and deployment of their products. We strive for our tooling to improve product quality, developer productivity and increased opportunities for collaboration. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Drive the strategic uplift of core SDLC platforms to increase throughput, latency, scalability and resiliency
- Excel at building strong relationships with other high caliber engineers and enjoy collaboration and open to adopting new ideas
- 6+ years of hands-on Java development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading software development teams
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Excellent communication, influencing, relationship building skills and comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Passionate about the software development process and facilitating high frequency / high quality change across a vibrant and diverse user community
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Expertise in commercial / open source build systems (Maven / Ant / Gradle / Bazel) and strong knowledge of distributed and centralized software change management systems
- Expertise in architecting horizontally scalable systems with knowledge of elastic compute and distributed systems patterns
- Prior experience of Devops, SRE, infrastructure (storage / networks / etc)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.