EDHECinfra is an academic research organisation that provides a standard reference for infrastructure investment performance. We produce impartial research and performance benchmarks that aim to improve transparency and efficiency for investors in infrastructure. EDHECinfra is part of the EDHEC Business School, ranked amongst the top 20 business schools in Europe and as the top business school for finance worldwide by the Financial Times in 2017. As part of its international development programme and in order to strengthen its development activity, EDHECinfra is recruiting a Lead Scientist for its Singapore office.
Lead Scientist - One vacancy in Singapore - Full-time position
The Reality Check: In order to do this job:
- We deliver research according to a plan which is usually tied to its funding. Not failing at this job absolutely requires managing and delivering research projects to a high level of quality and on time, providing intellectual leadership, guidance and also getting your hands dirty.
- We develop research with the aim of having an impact in the world of business. The willingness and ability to write papers that people might want to read beyond academia is essential.
- We aim to publish number of papers in a limited number of research journals. To do this job you need to have the tenacity, diplomacy and patience required to get your team’s papers published.
- Making an impact with our research also requires much dissemination. The ability to speak not only well and clearly in public, but also to a non-academic audience and through non-standard formats including webinars and the trade press is essential.
- Good research costs a lot of money. Your ability and experience raising research funding, especially from the private sector on an unsolicited basis, and manage the relationship with research sponsors is essential as well.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- The position involves overseeing and developing a research programs on all aspects of our research on infrastructure investment, impact and policy.
- The Lead Scientist will initiate research projects and be responsible for their delivery. Research work will be conducted in teams and will require leadership and substantial scientific and organizational inputs from the Lead Scientist. Scientific research priorities are agreed with the Institute Director and implemented according to a pre-agreed delivery plan.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, the ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of experience in industry or academic labs and be capable of writing clear and concise reports and to present research findings at industry and academic conferences.
- Candidates should demonstrate a good understanding of major infrastructure sectors from energy to water and transport including from a technical standpoint and economic standpoint. They should be familiar with data science and quantitative techniques.
- The candidate must be a seasoned researcher with a very strong track record of scientific work and publications, as well as a deep understanding of the infrastructure sector and public policy.
Career Opportunity: This position offers the potential to be promoted Scientific Director of EDHECinfra after two years.
Compensation: Competitive salary as well as an excellent healthcare coverage.
Candidates should hold the right or authorization to work in Singapore.
For more information about EDHECinfra, please visit www.edhec.infrastructure.institute
To apply, please click the Apply Button or send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com