Lead Product Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Application Reference Framework (SCARF) drives open source culture with in SCB to enable rapid application development leveraging cloud native technologies, delivering an ecosystem of enterprise connectors and reference data services. It is an enabler for our developers within the Bank to leverage on existing work and to go out to market with application-based solutions much more quickly.
We are looking for Development Lead for SCARF who can Lead and formulate the deliveries for SCARF. Your primary focus will be to develop reusable apps such as micro services, libraries and components with end to end ownership on the life cycle of the component. Provide Leadership on the ground and groom the team on SCARF products. You should also be able to lead and guide community group contributing for a component/library. Key Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership and contributes heavily to technical evaluations, decisions, software design & development activities.
- Contributes to building prototypes or proof of concepts and translates them to production grade applications or reusable components.
- Keeping track of industry developments, conducting R&D to incorporate best in class practices and methodologies and sharing the same with team and stakeholders.
- Leading the end-to-end delivery with adherence to timelines & agile practices.
- Participate in code reviews, assist & mentor team on technical aspects.
- Ability to make decisions and guide team to deliver things on time
- Guide and coach junior developers.
- Running Design council sessions for identification of re-usable assets and improvement opportunities through collaboration
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CCIB Solution and Technical Architects
- Development Managers/Leads across CCIB
- Experienced in one or more programming languages - Java, Scala, Python.
- Strong expertise in web application development using one or more frameworks such as Spring boot, node.js, go lang.
- Proficient in designing and developing applications using microservices, cloud native architecture & REST API.
- Expertise in API design and is proficient in applying various design patterns.
- Strong expertise in one or more databases - RDBMS & NoSQL.
- Strong coding, debugging, profiling, testing and documentation skills.
- Proficient in version control - GitHub / bitbucket and code reviews.
- Experience in one or more container ecosystem - Kubernetes, Openshift, EKS, AKS.
- Experience in one or more messaging, streaming systems - Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Experience in one or more cloud computing platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience in creating high level architecture & design diagrams.
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD - Jenkins, ansible, terraform etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum methodology and related processes.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's in computer science, software engineering or related technical field.
- 12+ of relevant work experience.
- Experience in one or more following: designing distributed systems, designing scalable enterprise applications, application security, full stack development (is a plus).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.