Lead Integration Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Understanding of API Platforms and Open Banking framework and ability to implement best in class solutions for the Bank's Open Banking and API Partnerships.
- Understanding of Bank's Delivery channels including Open Banking, API Banking, Mobile Banking and Online Banking.
People and Talent
- Understanding of Open Banking, Open Financial API frameworks and B2B and B2C Integration approaches.
- Lead a strategic, enterprise level API Management, Open Banking, Identity & Access Management platform for the Bank. Own the platform and evolve it.
- Work with Product Owners to evolve requirements into design and work with the architects, engineering teams on the implementation. Manage own work priorities, deadlines and deliverables fulfilling your commitments to Product Owner and team.
- Assure quality of deliverables & implementation with focus on continuous automation of operations. Lead and Mentor the technical members.
- Highlight risks associated with delivery at right time to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Identify technology risks and mitigation plan.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ability to review and govern the quality of APIs created and published within and outside of Bank.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FSTS Integration team, Retail & CCIB Business API products teams & technology teams and Technology Governance.
- 10+ years of experience in Information technology with minimum 4 years of experience in API Management platforms and Integration.
- Strong exposure into API Management Platforms, API Security(OAuth, OpenID Connect, Identity & Access Management, Finance Grade API & Open Banking) & Integration
- Programming skills in minimum two of the below areas
- Server-side Java or a JVM-based language, good understanding of JVM
- Lua & other scripting languages
- Working experience into RESTful APIs & Design Patterns
- Strong exposure into following technical skills
- Database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and caching technologies
- Infrastructure, Operating Systems (Linux), Networking, Cybersecurity & Cryptography
- Web server technologies like Nginx, Tomcat - setup, tuning & debugging.
- Kubernetes & Cloud (AWS)
- DevOps/CICD Pipelines & Automation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.