Lead IT Business Analyst, IT - Compliance & Regulatory Systems
As a Business Analyst, this candidate is responsible to advise, solution and maintain application systems which are used by business operation units to achieve company objectives. The Job
We are looking for individuals who are able to:
- Decompose a business process into a series of business functions and business data definition suitable for application development.
- Decompose business functions into system processes and business rules.
- Review application design to verify its ability to meet the business process requirements.
- Leads and coordinates the collection and verification of stakeholders' business, processes and system needs.
- Responsible for defining the scope in the initial stages of the project.
- Resolves design and business issues in relation to the requirements gathered with the relevant stakeholders.
- Reviews high level and detailed tests plans/test cases for system integrated testing and user acceptance testing.
- Specifies business rules (validations and calculations) and processes required.
- Precisely captures business requirements in a form that can be used for system development.
- Analyses and makes recommendations on associated business processes. Ensures that the business needs as specified by business users are met by the output of the design effort.
- To establish and use common tools, template and approach towards data repository.
- Standardize and compliance to use enterprise data dictionary and messaging.
- Strong Knowledge in Oracle SQL queries and develop procedure and functions to provide the best solutions for application performance.
- Manage vendor delivery such as, but not limited to, design specifications, functional test results, and deployment package timeline.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree Holder with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Independent and a good team player.
- Committed and is able to interact well with all levels of staff.
- Proficient in both oral and written English.
- 1 to 3 years working on the Insurance applications preferred.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.