About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Project Test Delivery
- Identify and analyze issues in requirements, design specifications, application architecture as well as product documentation.
- Develop unit and system test specifications based on various requirement documents within schedule constraints.
- Set up development bed and environments (based on project requirements).
- Develop regression packs to ensure that requirements from previous scope are still functioning as before.
- Perform functional and technical execution activities (automated development, where applicable) as per project engagement.
- Perform non-functional execution activities (performance testing, where applicable) as per project engagement.
- Constant communication and follow up with various stakeholders.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the development tasks.
- Conduct reviews and inspections of project deliverables (for small size projects).
- Able to contribute to multiple projects, whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
Able to work independently as well as a team in providing out-of-the box solution if required.
To collaborate/troubleshoot with the development and delivery team for technical issues that requires result analysis and feedback.
Understanding the existing Hadoop/HDFS of EDM
Analysis of Control M Jobs , Shell Scripts , UNIX configurations for root cause analysis
Create Technical Specification Documents.
Test the framework and engage in rolling out in production. Process and Compliance
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Assist Development lead in documenting relevant development deliverables
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project
- Good development, analytical and technical expertise in HDFS,HIVE,SQL/HQL and other Hadoop ecosystems.
- Production support knowledge/experience. Problem solving skills to manage the incident.
- Minimum 4-5 years of development experience with 7-9 years of working experience. Possess a hunger for knowledge, self initiative as well as willing to learn.
- Good understanding of and experience in AGILE projects
- Familiar with SDLC and banking domain is an added advantage.
- Familiar with Enterprise Data Warehouse and Reference Data Management is a plus
- Familiar with Teradata database
- Familiar in SQL scripting, VB scripting and Python
- Familiar with Unix / Linux and batch scripting is a plus
- To develop and execute the Automation Framework especially complimenting Data Warehouse domain
- Familiar with ETL process, Hadoop and MSTR Reporting
- Familiar with Performance Testing (e.g. volume testing) and Disaster Recovery Testing is a plus
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence.
- Bachelor Degree ( Computer Science /Information Technology / Banking)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working. Customer & Service Focus