The role holder will lead the DevOps practise. Supporting the DevOps Specialist for the project, recommending DevOps best practice and implementing the solutions around the selected toolset. The candidate must be a skilled professional who has E2E software development experience covering applications, interfaces, database and DevOps tooling with a desire to work on an Agile, dynamic and flat organisational structure.
- Gather requirements, design, develop, test, deploy and support the Release Process for applications;
- Work closely with DevOps Specialist team and project teams to deliver efficient and repeatable end-to-end development and release processes supported by the appropriate tooling (Design Studio, JIRA, JENKINS, Maven, Ansible, Nexus etc)
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices;
- Work with technology teams to co-ordinate development releases.
- Collaborate with Testing teams to build and enhance a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Collaborate and support release operations team;
- Constantly analyse and improve the performance and quality of the release process;
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements;
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Full software development lifecycle experience in a mature CI / CD environment
- Programming languages (Java, .NET, Ansible, Unix Scripting)
- Application server (WebLogic / jBoss / IIS)
- Oracle and / or MSSQL Database. Postgres an advantage
- DevOps toolchain experience for installation, configuration and integration (Eclipse, GIT/Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible, Selenium, SonarLint, SonarQube)
- Performance measurement and feedback into the process
- Build automation tools (Maven)
- Windows and / or UNIX scripting
- Message queue (MQ, JMS)
- Prior experience in banking
- Scrum Master certification would be a plus.