Lead, Data Engineering
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work very closely with customers on understanding technical and business requirements and coming up with architectural design to satisfy their needs.
- Doing hands-on delivery and coding whenever needed
- Design and develop common service and framework
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in financial domain, as an architect or lead developer with exposure to Risk and / or Finance project and appreciation of general banking products. An ideal candidate should have architecture background with execution background.
- A minimum of 4 years of experienced in Big data engineering, good understanding in data engineering best practices:
- Data Lineage
- Data Discoverability
- Data Quality
- Data Serving via API, SQL, File
- Good understanding of API, microservices architecture. Design with Rest or GraphQL.
- Solid understanding of the development process pipeline, effective code version control & continuous Integration, Deployment.
- Working knowledge in various database and storage technologies such as Postgres, S3, ADLS Gen2
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge on data pipelines and spark architecture.
- Good knowledge\exposure to public cloud services on Azure/AWS
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.