Lead Business Analyst
Lead Business Analyst
Sydney, Australia / Singapore
We're looking for a Lead Business Analyst within the Global Regulatory Reporting Solutions Division who has the following:
- Understanding of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, stakeholder management, use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques
- Able to produce structured analysis and design documents
- Able to work with QA and Development during testing to ensure implementation meets design and requirements
- Oversee Sanity and Component testing of new features during the development phase & review of Test Plans
- Able to conduct public presentation of concepts and ideas comfortably
- Able to identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability
- Able to work collaboratively and consistently with team members at all levels, peers, senior analysts and managers and complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Able to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups and team meetings
- A basic understanding of financial derivatives terms and principals would be beneficial for the role
- Understanding of XML Schemas, DTDs, XSL Transformation style sheets would be beneficial
- Bachelor or master's degree in business administration, technology, or similar discipline
- 9-15 years of relevant professional experience
- Prior Financial Services IT experience would be essential.
- Strong Analytical & Communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, requirement documentation, stakeholder management, use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques
- Exposure to SQL, DB, Object-oriented languages (general technology know-how), XML/FpML would be desirable.
- Familiarity with OTC derivatives, clearing and regulatory reporting of OTC transactions would be beneficial
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.