Lead Big Data Engineer
At Great Eastern, we are building a data platform to realize the full value of our data. We seek an experienced Lead Big Data Engineer to join our growing data engineering and analytics team. The right person for the job will have strong knowledge of Big Data Engineering and proven ability to strategize the implementation of data and analytics capabilities on a data platform (on premise and cloud) - from conception through release and production. The ideal candidate will be a strong data engineer; be willing to wrangle data, optimize data systems and products, and build them from the ground up. Experience with AWS, Snowflake, and migration to public could would be an advantage. The Job
The Lead Big Data Engineer will work across IT, Data Management and Governance, Visual Analytics, Data Scientists and key Business users to deliver business analytics contextual datasets and data products that enable data-driven businesses .
- Gather and analyze Business Analytics Product requirements.
- Architect end-to-end solution for Business Analytics Product (Data Product or Dashboards) from the acquiring of data, designing and building of curated / contextualized data for data product, business analytics and data science.
- Work across various stakeholders to ensure smooth production deployment of data pipeline and adherence to data governance policies.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to improve data engineering process.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.