L2 Network Operations
- Contract, Full time
- TechBridge Market Holdings HK
- 14 Jan 18 2018-01-14
Our client, a leading IT Services company is seeking a L2 Network Operations Engineer for a 1year contract (extendable) role based onsite at one of their major Singapore clients.
The Network Operations position is a key role within the Global Command Centre organization to support the ever growing Server products and services provided by the organization.
Within the Global Command Center organization, this position is the most senior resource after the SME and/or to Engineering. The role of the Global Command Center is to be the provider of end-to- end support to our customer base worldwide, thus the high level of expertise required to ensure the Global Command Center is fully self sufficient.
The primary focus is to ensure timely resolution of incidents brought to Level 2 and apply approved changes where applicable. As the senior specialist of Network within the Global Command Center, you will also be accountable for driving resolution of Major incidents during crisis mode.
Specific Responsibilities Job Profile
• Provide Customers with professional, timely and effective technical expertise on LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP & Convergence services support.
• Support or Provision Customer LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP network change on time and help to improve the process to “do it right the first time”
• Provide LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP service support by owning customers LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP incident within a complex topology (manage LAN, WAN, Wireless, VoIP, IP Network routing or quality issues...) and developing a methodical approach to solve the incident or problem and escalate problem to supplier or internal Engineering team when appropriate. Capable of analysing problems and resolving recurring difficulties through root cause analysis.
• Implementing LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP change requests for customers on the GCC managed LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP solution (Cisco Router, Cisco Switch, Cisco Wireless, Cisco VoIP, etc.).
• Maintain a comprehensive and update-to-date customer LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP topology database
• Co-operate WAN optimization environment with vendor based on product family from Riverbed. • Actively contribute to improve and map LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP processes within ITIL framework • Contribute to the achievement of customer satisfaction by proving best in class support
1• Understand complex LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP integration with WAN, LAN, Wireless, VoIP customer network.
• The right person will have gone through the ranks of an operations group supporting customers globally on a 24-7-365 basis.
• Ability to work on 8 hour shift during weekdays and also to provide 12 hour support during weekend/public holidays according to roster schedule.
• Excellent customer focus, must have demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to interact with our customers in a professional, mature manner as well as dedication to providing superior service.
• Effective communicator at all levels of the organization and outside with customers or third parties • Proven track record in maintaining and enhancing skill(s) level(s) according to future technology
• Proven track record in managing multiple escalations with effective follow-up/follow-through
• Demonstrated willingness to take incoming service requests without being prompted to by team members or Management, as well as accountability for resolving the trouble or request in a timely and complete fashion.
• Ability to be personable and tenacious as the situations requires • Problem solving and root cause identification skills. Strong analytic and decision making abilities. • Must be a team player and able to work with and through others. • Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
Required Work Experience:
• At least 5 to 10 years of experience in an operational role in a 24-7 organization • Industry Technical Certifications are required: CCNP, CCDP or CCIE and CCVP and CCNA
Wireless, CWNA or CWNP, experience with Microsoft, Linux, Networking
• Excellent knowledge on Legacy LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP technology, (Cisco Router, Cisco Switch, Cisco Wireless, Cisco VoIP, etc.)
• Excellent protocol skills: (BGP,OSPF, EIGRP, IPSec, RSVP, VTP, VLAN, STP, QoS, TCP/IP, IP Address, Frame Relay, HSRP, VRRP, NAT, ACL , H323, RTP, RTCP, cRTP, sRTP, etc. )
• Good LAN/WAN/Wireless/VoIP Tools: SolarWinds, SCOM, Sitescope, etc. • Good Networking skills: Linux, Unix (or Sun Solaris), Router, Switch L2, Switch L3, Wireless,
VoIP • Familiar with WAN optimization and application compression technology. Eg. Riverbed
• Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering (or equivalent)