KYC/ Due Dilligence Analyst/ Senior Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within the BNP Paribas Singapore, the Singapore Due Diligence Team's is divided into two streams - FLOW (new clients) and RECERTIFICATION (existing clients). The team's objective is to be the sole interface for new and existing clients for the purpose of KYC due diligence. The goal, for this team, is to provide a global and consistent service to both internal and clients while maintaining proper risk management in the area of KYC due diligence.
This team will be working around 3 main themes:
Prioritization of on-boarding
Remediation; regulatory and process changes
The team will have a local (Singapore) and regional (APAC) focus whilst working with other global teams. This team also works closely with major "Métiers" (Product/Sector Line) heads both within Corporate Banking and Capital Markets (CIB).
Overall, the team is responsible for a speedy and compliant KYC process for new and existing clients.
1. Overall Job Requirements
• Demonstrate understanding of the prevailing bank-wide policy on KYC and the knowledge of regulations specific to Singapore
• Possess KYC knowledge on various types of trading entities - limited, private and public companies, holding companies, hedge funds, asset managers, special purpose vehicles, trusts and specialised sectors.
• Able to work independently on end-to-end KYC due diligence and provide advice to relevant business liaisons for on-boarding or recertification
• Willing to take on a leadership as well as an individual contributor role
• Communicate professionally with internal customers at all levels particularly senior, regional teams within Client Management ITO, as well as with teams in other locations
2. Implementation and Process
• Potentially assist to manage a team to ensure timeliness of review for portfolio or cases assigned
• Review and validate work done by junior team members to ensure quality and adherence to relevant KYC and control requirements
• Be proficient in tools, vendors systems and related banking systems
• Familiarize and support senior management reporting and regulatory reporting
• Work well within the local team with an adaptable approach, and able to coordinate with other Due Diligence Teams globally
• Be open to changes and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operation
• Provide basic training to junior or new team members
• Liaise regularly with the following internal stakeholders:
o Relationship Managers or business unit representatives
o Due Diligence Managers
o Other support functions within Client Management
Competencies (Technical/ Behavioral)
• At least three to five years of related banking experience
• Professional leadership experience would be a plus
• Able to work independently, eager to learn and meticulous
• Strong understanding of due diligence and anti-money laundering requirements
• Possesses strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent team player
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Good PC skills (especially Excel)
• Able to manage tight deadlines