KYC operations team will be responsible for reviewing client files in accordance with local regulatory requirements and Westpac global standard to facilitate the business’ KYC. This role is part of the Asia AML Operations team working directly with the Customer, Business and Financial Crime Compliance.
- Prioritize the On-boarding & Periodic Review of customers and prepare client-specific KYC-related analysis and complete Customer Due Diligence
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt timely and adequately to the new Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies, processes, system knowledge
- Engage and work with Business Units to assess documentation requirements for customers
- Interact with Clients/Relationship Managers to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation
- Interact with Financial Crime Compliance team for escalations pertaining to client file reviews.
- Ability to analyse & present the negative adverse news, PEPs and risks associated with the client file for approval by Financial Crime Compliance team
- Involvement in ad hoc projects for new processes or industry initiatives
- Minimum 3 years of KYC/AML experience in the Banking industry
- Knowledge of Singapore and HK AML requirements
- Preferred KYC/Periodic Review experience in Banks, NBFI, Funds, Corporates
- Working knowledge of corporate and institutional banking products (financial markets, debt and transactional)
- Certifications pertaining to AML/KYC is an added advantage
Personal attributes and other skills
- Control focused mind set and good understanding of regulatory and reputation risks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the firm/customer and people with different experiences and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise and review client files based on due dates and business criticality
- Able to work cohesively in a large team
- Good verbal and written communication skills