- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Job Title: KYC Analyst
This is an Analyst roles within KYC team of the Client Operations Group, which is part of Global Operations Division and supports a wide variety of activities across a range of financial markets within Asia Pacific. The Group is primarily involved in the initial stages of client on-boarding, and ensuring that the appropriate Customer Due Diligence is performed in preserving the reputation of the bank.
· The Group is primarily involved in the initial stages of client on-boarding, and ensuring that the appropriate Customer Due Diligence and Counterparty Data Management is performed in preserving the reputation of the bank.
· Reporting to the KYC Manager, the Analyst is expected to perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on existing accounts to screen clients and review the information & documentation of the client as part of the Client Periodic Review process.
· The Analyst should be able to identify key issues and suspicions which relate to money laundering or terrorism financing during the course of the KYC and investigate/escalate them appropriately.
· The Analyst should also ensure that the KYC checks adhere to the relevant regulations, guidelines and processes that are in place to ensure Compliance.
· The Analyst services all asset classes and geographies and working hours are APAC hours as the clients supported stem from these regions.
· Minimum Diploma with strong academic background
· Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Ability to adopt and maintain a logical approach in a pressurized environment
· Degree holder
· Good understanding of the mechanics of an Investment Bank setup
· Basic knowledge of regulatory implications of different asset classes
· Previous experience within a KYC/Compliance Team dealing with Corporate/Commercial clients
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.