- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 22 Apr 19
A Large Bank has embarked on a Digital Transformation program with the goal of automating business processes and creating Alpha opportunities. This is a significant Investment programme with a multi-year horizon, and is intended to make a Leader in this field. With this there is a new job opportunity for an exciting KDB Lead role.
About the KDB Lead Role:
You will be part of a dedicated team of Data Scientists that is put in place in multiple locations with the goal of developing insight in existing and new data sets. You will help to drive the creation of models and algorithms that can be used for automation and/or Alpha Generation. The team is led by a Chief Digital Officer reporting into the head of Wholesale.
- Work closely with infrastructure providers to translate prototypes into production solutions
- Works with traders, quantitative analysts, java engineers, analysts and testers to deliver low latency FX trading systems
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Use a scientific method and strive for positive results at all times, balanced with working in an 'Agile' way to achieve rapid turnaround
- Confident and self-motivating senior KDB+ developer with an excellent understanding of data engineering and time series analysis
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meet-ups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- Manage stakeholders and guide them in unlocking the value in their data
To succeed in the role, you must have in-depth knowledge and experience in software design methodologies, and software design patterns, and functional design and principles.
- KDB in memory relational database experience is a must
- Experience with Q/Kdb+ for capture and serving of data
- Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities products is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the UNIX/Linux environment and shell scripting
- Development toolkits such as Jira/Crucible, BitBucket & Familiarity with continuous integration and build Tools such as Team City/Hudson / Bamboo & build tools like Maven / Gradle
- Ability to collaborate within eFX Technology team, wider FX technology, support and trading stakeholders
The organisation offers exceptional opportunities for technical growth and career development for its employees. It is an people focused organisation which works very hard to ensure a productive, hard working and fun environment for it's employees.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting KDB Lead role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak