An Asset Management firm is looking for a Junior Portfolio Manager to join its team of seasoned investment professionals! Candidates without the relevant experience but with strong excel and programming skills may be considered for a contract position with the opportunity for conversion to permanent.
Overview of role
We are looking for a Global Emerging Market Equities Junior Portfolio Manager based in Singapore. Candidates with no relevant experience may be considered for a contract position with the opportunity for conversion to permanent.
- Meet or exceed the performance objectives for the models and portfolios assigned to manage.
- Ensure that the models and portfolios are managed in accordance with the stated investment process for the respective products.
- Ensure that the models and portfolios are managed within the agreed risk framework for the respective products and that breaches of investment parameters are escalated to the Chief Investment Officer in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the models and portfolios are managed in accordance with the investment mandate agreed with the client.
- Ensure that sufficient personal training is undertaken each year to satisfy threshold competency requirements.
- Provide investment research and investment ideas to Global Emerging Market equity.
- Always in compliance with internal compliance as well as laws applied to the industry.
- Degree graduate in Economics, Finance or Business with 1-2 years of investment analysis experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent reasoning and analytical ability
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work either independently, or with in-house analysts to draw investment ideas/conclusions
- Strong excel skills
- Basic programming skills (SQL, python etc) will be an added advantage
- Interest of Global Emerging Markets