Junior Opportunity: Consumer Analyst, Fitch Solutions, Singapore
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
Fitch Solutions, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting a high-calibre graduate to join its reputable Research team in Singapore. We are looking for a Consumer Analyst, who will focus on the Asia region. The role will be located in Fitch Solutions' Singapore office, where you will be joining the Singapore Research team. You will be the regional representative of the Global Consumer Analysis team, which focuses on consumer-facing sectors, including retail and food and drink. You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research for senior decision makers in multinational corporations, banks, consultancies, investment funds and government agencies. Responsibilities:
- Contributing analytical research on a daily basis
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing analysis and reports that assess market risks and opportunities, and creating 5-year forecast scenarios
- Overseeing key sector developments and identifying actionable investment themes
- Collaborating with country risk and other industry analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business development
You will receive extensive training in all areas of Consumer analysis and forecasting with the help of our University training material and regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the Research team, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from your line manager and team members. Fitch Solutions also encourages external training by subsidising external courses, such as the CFA and relevant language classes.
Areas of focus include:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Data analysis and forecasting
- Analysis surrounding the consumer facing sectors, retail and food and drink segments
- Industry trend analysis
- Opportunity and risk assessment
- Assessing the impact of macro, political and other sector developments on the industry
- Government regulation
- Company Analysis
We are looking for candidates with a strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter, with prior understanding of basic macroeconomic principles and a familiarity with world affairs. A trainee analyst will need to demonstrate ambition and a desire to learn and continue to develop as an analyst from day one.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA, or 2:1 UK equivalent degree, from a top-tier university.
- Fluent English writing style
- Strong communication skills to liaise with a global team
- Genuine interest in consumer analysis, retail, food and beverage sectors and world affairs.
- Previous experience (academic or professional) in analysis and research; and consumer/ food & beverage analysis
- Degree in economics, international relations or humanities
- Postgraduate degree (preferred, but not essential)
- Language skills
- Prior work experience in related field.