The Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
- Daily Accounting
- Handle accounting for assigned simple to moderate complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Month End Tasks
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned simple to moderate complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Price Products
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Other responsibilities
- Prepare yearend audit packs
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
- University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
EA license number: 19C9859