In Post Trade Technology, we look for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders (mainly in APAC region) up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information, managing multiple applications and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Primary focus will be to manage the number of Post Trade Technology applications in APAC with target architecture and to implement new settlement & clearing capabilities so as to support business expansion and increased volumes. Key responsibilities
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Creation/ update of Detailed Design Specifications, Program Specifications, and program Version Control documentation
- Coding of new programs and changes to existing programs
- Creation of Unit Test Plans, and execution of Unit Tests
- Providing technical support for User Acceptance Testing
- Creation of Implementation/ Back out Plans and Support Handover Documents
- Providing technical support for Production Implementations, and post-implementation support during implementation warranty period
- Drive the project progress for the deliverables. In our small agile team, developers talk directly to operational users and other BAs for requirements. You will be developing great communication and project management skills on top of the technical skills.
Good to have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information System, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on software engineering experience in Java, J2EE
- Good knowledge in one or more modern programming language:
- Spring Framework / Hibernate
- RDBMS (Oracle)
- Unix / Shell scripting
- Cloud knowledge
- Experience in working in Eclipse/IntelliJ / Maven environments.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Good working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Experience in building/ designing high volume/ real time processing systems
- Hand's on experience in fine tuning application response / performance testing.
- Experience of MQ / JMS (message transfer process), Kafka
- Experience using version control tool Bitbucket
- Experience in code scanning tools like black duck and tools like Sonar etc
- Experience of development of Settlement and clearing applications.
- Familiarity with SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) Message format