Java Software Engineer, Regulatory Reporting - Vice President
The Regulatory Reporting team is building a state of the art cloud-native platform that aims to streamline global regulatory reporting requirements and handle massive data volumes for the firm. As an Senior Java Developer, you play a key role in designing and building Banking Regulatory Platform. You will get the opportunity to work in a global cross-functional team consisting of developers, operations, site reliability engineering, delivery managers and data analysts.
Our key technology stack consists of Java/J2EE , Cloud , & Oracle. Responsibilities
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including back-end services and DB
- This is an individual contributor but this role is required to manage developers functionally.
- Partner with and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global team.
- Own end to end delivery of the product and work with management to manage/mitigate any risk
Good to have
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit
- Experience in delivering applications from inception, design to production
- Experience in application architecture and design
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle
- Experience in building REST APIs and Microservices
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Strong leadership skills
- Proactive self-starter who able to take initiative and roll up sleeves to get things done. Can lead cross functional teams to achieve complex deliveries.
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building attitude
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
- Previous experience working in the financial sector with understanding of risk management and financial data along with a regulatory risk environment
- Experience in Payments or Regulatory Reporting Domain
- Experience in one or more areas - ETL/BI tools or Big data
- Knowledge on container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk
- Knowledge on scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M