Java Software Engineer, Digital Post Trade, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The ideal candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group and will be part of Digital Post Trade Technology (DPTT - Unity) team. Unity is trade lifecycle break management system catering for 17k operations users.
As a hands-on java developer passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices, the candidate will be focused on projects that are aimed at building out strategic Microservices based architecture initiatives and will have an opportunity to work with multiple business lines and technical teams in order to develop the firm's strategic technical roadmap. The candidate should have a proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed technology and building scalable robust resilient systems. The candidate will be required to apply the depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of software development lifecycle, understand agile principles and adopt agility in development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of Java development experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Core Java Fundamentals, Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, REST Web Services and testing frameworks such as Junit, Cucumber, etc
- Experience with Microservices and Cloud, containers with Kubernetes orchestration
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka and exposure to event-driven design patterns
- Experience with SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven
- Knowledge of distributed caches such as GemFire, ehCache, Hazelcast, etc
- BPM and Workflow Engines experience is a plus