Java Software Engineer, Banking Technology - Associate
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation& engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as an expert developer. This position is for a Java Developer to join an Agile team. The application will be designed as a suite of micro-services that will be cloud-enabled and will leverage a high level of test automation and deployment automation to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
The team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages and databases
- Spring/ Hibernate
- No-SQL database technologies (Apache Cassandra)
- Web Frameworks (Angular JS/REACT)
- Some RDBMS experience exposure
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Demonstrated analytical techniques and ability to implement technically challenge problems to improve the product, process or technology and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Strengthen the software delivery process based on the Agile principles. This includes: Scrum, Business Driven Development (BDD), Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance tuning web applications
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.