Java Engineer, Strategic Trade Confirmation
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Strategic Trade Confirmation is a core banking application which generates real time confirmations for all products offered to and deliver to Private Bank clients via online portal or by mail. Trade Confirmation is a critical and fast past application that requires a team player with a can-do attitude. The application is focused on embracing the upcoming technologies to create a truly resilient and scalable application within the domain.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Software Development work experience is required
- Experience with full-stack application development, including REST Web services in Java 7/8, Spring Boot is a must
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle or Sybase
- Proficiency in multiple modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, and event-based architecture will be key.
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
- Exposure to AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of development tools: source code control software (e.g. subversion, git), build automation (e.g. Maven), continuous integration (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins), automated testing (e.g. cucumber), JIRA/Green Hopper task tracking
- Must have excellent analytical, management, technical and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment