Java Developer Front End - Back End
GFI Group is an international IT services company, currently employing over 12,500 people Worldwide. GFI provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients. • Global Business and Technology Services Provider • Operating over 12 countries, • 2015 revenue of over 1 billion USD, • 46 years of existence. Furthermore, Addstones, the financial consulting department of GFI support its clients in Financial Services Industry in their strategic, operational and technology vision. Website - http://www.gfi.world/en
Role and responsibilities
- Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support
- Work with the Business Analyst and Solution architects to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application
- Contribute / review the technical specifications and ensure proper traceability with detailed specifications & code
- Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks on the projects
- Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
- Assist infrastructure teams for environment support
- Provide guidance to project team members and others
- Participate to recruitment, onboard and train new comers
Qualifications and Profile
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 6+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering;
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience with various web technologies and mobile frameworks (AngularJS, Typescript, Ionic, Jasmine, SASS, HTML, CSS, REST, Bootstrap / Materiel Design Cordova, Phonegap…);
- At least 3+ years in the lead engineer role building and delivering web / mobile business solutions (e.g. in Banking, Travel, Finance, Healthcare, Information industries);
- Has a very good knowledge about design patterns and development principles
- Proven/previous experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, DevOps and a successful track record of developing software in an agile environment, with changing requirements.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written documents and oral presentations, explaining concepts clearly to audiences at various levels of technical knowledge.
• Having server side knowledge (Spring, Jackson..) is a plus
• Exposure to the following domains is a plus: Internet Systems, Web content management, Digital Asset Management, Social Media integration...
• General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking is a plus
• Speaking at conferences and/or user groups is a plus, also send us your github account link