Issues Management Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The Issues Management Consultant position reports to the International Control APAC Programs & Issue Management Leader within the Wholesale Control organization.
The purpose of the International Control team is to identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types, coordinating with businesses operating internationally, while adhering to policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM). The International Control Issues Management team will manage a portfolio of issues aligned to the region on behalf of the Regional Business Control Leader.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with other Wholesale Issues Management team members to successfully execute the Wholesale Issue Management program. The candidate will be expected to work closely with other senior leaders across IRM, International Control, and Regional Control Leaders and WFAS ("Audit") . C ritical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company's risk management execution/direction. The Candidate
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. This team member must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires a team member with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the Audit & Exam Management lifecycle. Preferably previous background in audit / compliance / practice with direct experience in issue management an advantage
- Develop a working knowledge of the Issues Management Policy, Procedures and related processes and controls, as prescribed by the Wholesale Group Issues Management team.
- Establish cross-regional impact of issues via timely review of potential and actual issues initiated by regulators, WFAS, Enterprise/Regional Testing teams, and those self-identified
- Strong written communication skills and experience in documenting issues and respective corrective actions in collaboration with working groups to establish corrective action plans and ensure, management review/approval.
- Confident and able to collaborate and influence key stakeholders and WFAS in the development of sustainable corrective action plans.
- Provide oversight in tracking issues to closure and provide review and credible challenge to verbal and written updates/statements made related to each corrective action (e.g., ensure issues and CA plans are on target for completion and in line with the stated corrective actions and resolves the underlying issue/root cause).
- Effectively complete pre-validation activities prior to the completion of corrective actions to ensure we have successfully completed the required work and addressed the issue and underlying root cause.
- Provide periodic concise/risk-focused written and verbal updates to senior and executive management for periodic reporting purposes.
- Strong partner with WFAS, Enterprise, Wholesale, and regional issues management coordinators and validation teams, as needed, throughout issue evaluation, remediation, and validation testing.
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements :
6+ years of direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, internal audit, legal or external practice, or a combination preferred.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, especially those in international regions.
- Experience driving forward looking strategic plans and full lifecycle transformation leadership from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations.
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Previous experience executing analytics and reporting to meet a wide range of needs.
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, lead virtual teams, and drive successful execution of change initiatives.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and the ability to prepare training/awareness materials that reinforce procedures.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.