Is Ops Intermediate Analyst
he Security Operations Center Is Ops Intermediate Analyst will be part of the SOC Team. This center monitors analyses and responds to infrastructure threats and vulnerabilities on a 24x7 basis. SOC Analysts are responsible for performing the day-to-day monitoring of Citi's environment analyzing responding to events as necessary and providing technical support. This role must be filled immediately upon identification of a suitable candidate. These operations are critical since they provide Citi's first line of defense against infrastructure attacks. Responsibilities:
- The analyst performs monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on events generated by Intrusion Detection/Prevention tools, anomaly detection systems, Firewalls, Antivirus and EDR systems, proxy devices, cloud security solution, data leakage prevention system (ArcSight, Arbor PeakFlow, Palo Alto Networks, etc.) which requires demonstrable security incident response experience.
- Handle BAU and high severity issues including escalating to other support groups. Execute daily adhoc tasks or lead small projects as needed.
- Perform initial risk assessment on new threats and vulnerabilities, perform assessment phase of Vulnerability & Threat Management process.
- Reduce risk by analyzing the root cause of issues, their impact, and required corrective actions.
- Drive a continuous effort to improve SOC process and detection capability
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and Monthly Metrics.
- Participate in daily and ad-hoc conference calls as well as compliance & controls, self-assessment processes and documentation related tasks.
- Lead person in handling threat incidents calls like DDOS calls and high severity cases.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Information Security Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting