- £80000 - £100000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Singapore
- 26 Jan 18
Iron Ore Trader - Trading House - Singapore
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: £80000 - £100000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Iron Ore Trader: Physical Trader, Commodities, And Location Singapore based China / APAC Markets: Highly AttractiveIron Ore Trader: Physical Trader, Commodities, And Location – Singapore based – China / APAC Markets: Highly Attractive
We are currently working with a recent setup trading house based in Singapore focussing on dry bulk commodities. They possess a strong balance sheet and they are rapidly expanding their iron ore business and are seeking an experienced physical iron ore trader. This offers the opportunity for the incumbent to build up a business and contribute to the growing success of the company, and this role is to be based in Singapore. The position requires at least 2-6+ years trading experience in the financial industry/commodity trading house.
• Marketing and trading of iron ore supplied on a CFR basis to Chinese importers and Chinese steel mills.
• Generating demand-driven opportunities to supply iron ore.
• Have existing contacts to sell iron ore to mainly the Chinese market, purchasing from different parts of the world.
• Managing relationships with buyers and customers.
• Recommendations regarding trading decisions and strategic direction of the business.
• Development of the Chinese market and other markets.
• Active risk management of the iron ore portfolio.
• Close liaison with other business lines and operations of the company in China.
• Reporting to the CEO based in Singapore.
• Agreeing commercial terms and drafting contracts.
• Ensuring buyer performance under contract and management of operational risk.
• Overseeing smooth running of the delivery process, including discharge, CIQ, management of buyer queries etc.
• In due course, potentially managing an import and distribution business.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin as you will be dealing with the Chinese markets mainly
• At least 2-6+ years of selling and trading of iron ore (more experience is welcome, remuneration will commensurate according to your skillsets, experience and P&L contributed)
• Degree level education
• Prepared to travel to promote business
This role will offer a talented and experienced physical iron ore trader the chance to develop their career with global leading conglomerate company. Candidates applying for the role should be entrepreneurial in nature, hard working, and initiative driven.
To apply please send a word copy of your CV to: