This position is responsible to execute Metals trade operations activities for iron ore shipment.
40% - Plan and execute the shipment as per the commodity contract:
- Interpretation of contracts terms and execute the payment including Letter of credit, DP / DA, and Bank guarantee as per the contract.
- Supervise the planning of cargo including the vessel nomination, shipping advice, insurance declaration, discharge / load port agent appointment, load / discharge operation.
- Management of the shipping documents and payment including ensure accurate invoices / shipping documents issued by the shipper.
- Maintain close contact with surveyors for preloading and /or loading and /or discharging inspection.
- Proactively highlight and resolve risks and issues related to the execution of the shipment.
35% - Management of contract:
- Keep understanding and correct application of commodity contracts and contractual obligations.
- Negotiate the contract terms with the external customers and get aligned internally to get contract signed.
10% - Finalisation of the shipment execution:
- Settlement of AR / AP including the laytime, cargo payments.
- Negotiate, settle the claims / dispute, and respond effectively and proactively to problems.
- Manage commissions and related invoices for payment approval.
15% - Other adhoc task:
- Maintain frequent and good relationship with customers internally and externally.
- Proactively foresee and highlight the opportunities, risk, or exposure
- Liaise with commercial, legal, treasury, trade structured finance, tax, ocean transportation, and accounting to solve the problems which is related to a shipment.
- Act as coach to develop other team members’ skills and knowledge.
- Be part of improvements for the effectiveness / productivity of trade execution work process.
Required Education & Experience:
- University Degree
- At least 5 years work experience in dealing with international trade of bulk cargo. Iron Ore or Steel cargo is preferred.
- Good knowledge in letter of credit, UCP rules & ISBP, Incoterms, and contract execution concept.
- Comprehensive knowledge in shipping and international practices like C/P terms and its relation to sales / purchase of contracts, laytime calculations, C/P B/L requirements, and insurance classifications.
- Basis Legal / accounting knowledge and sense which will be used for sales / purchase contract terms and execution issues / disputes / solutions.
- Experience in evaluating risk exposure, provides direction, and input for next steps.
- Hardworking, patient, details orientated, and team player
- Proficient in MS Office, oral and written English.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Business Related Field, or MBA.
- Able to communicate in English and Mandarin as there will be frequent liaison with senior business stakeholders in China.
- Experience in a multinational company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced trading / financial environment.
- Strong background in business process design and implementation in a dynamic commodity trading business.
- Experience in implementing IT processes, systems and organisational changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilising change management tools and processes to initiate or support change.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and under high pressure.
- Strong interpersonal agility and cultivates networks with people across the organisation.