Investment Strategist, Investment Strategy (Director/Executive Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Investment Strategist!
Experienced investment strategist with experience in asset allocation, multi-asset experience with a focus on Alternatives (including private markets and hedge funds). Knowledge of real estate and ESG would be positive. Experienced investment research professional, reporting to the Head of Investment Strategy, who will help drive key asset allocation process within the context of constructing multi-asset wealth management portfolios and identifying key investment trends. Key duties include writing research reports, thought leadership pieces, coordinating with members of CIO office, third party providers, Front Office and Private Markets and Alternatives product team. Description
- This research analyst role will focus on developing and delivering thought leadership, investment strategies and publications relating to alternative investments, including private equity/debt, hedge funds, real asset and other non-traditional assets, and will form part of Bank of Singapore's Investment Strategy team
- Key contributor to the investment strategy team's strategy formulation, investment recommendations and publications with a focus on alternative investments with a focus on expected return and risk management and how to position and include alternatives as part of clients' asset allocation
- Perform in-depth research and analysis on key investment areas and impact on alternative asset classes in response to latest market developments
- Position Alternative Investment within multi-asset discretionary portfolios with a focus on performance and risk management, within the context of other asset classes and investment instruments (including equities, bonds, ETFs, funds and derivatives)
- Contribute towards various studies required as critical inputs for the Investment Committee's assessment of key developments in financial markets
- Generate innovative and actionable alternative investment ideas and solutions for the Bank's clients. Work closely with Investment Strategist, Research Analysts, External Partners, Funds Due Diligence and Private Markets and Alternatives teams to formulate investment views and strategy
- Prepare investment communications materials on alternative investments for a wide range of engagements with the Bank's clients and internal stakeholders
- Be a thought leader with clear and confident communication of investment strategy and outcomes in pitches, presentations with clients and prospects
- Active participation in client engagement meetings and events to raise awareness among RMs, global family offices, UHNWIs, HNWIs IAMs, and institutions
- Champion new initiatives in the Alternatives area (private markets and hedge funds)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience of institutional portfolio management/research experience at sell-side or buy-side houses, research and/or asset allocation capacity
- Focus on Alternatives and multi-asset experience in global financial markets
- Ability to perform in a high-impact performance driven environment and deliver results
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in Finance or Economics. CFA, CAIA preferred. PhD a plus
- Familiarity with financial software such as Bloomberg
- Proficiency in languages will be advantageous
Reporting To: Team Lead, Investment Strategy