- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 22 Aug 19
Investment Banking Associate
Our client is an Independent boutique advisory firm and is looking for an individual between 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in Investment Banking (M&A). This is an opportunity not to be missed.
The prospective hire will provide project management and execution support on complex transactions and prepare presentation materials to communicate key messages to clients and counterparties. Specific duties will include assistance in the preparation of financial models, valuation analysis, marketing documentation and research.
While having a deep understanding of valuation and broad finance, Associates should be able to identify and vet potential buyers from pitch materials and support sector teams in developing various client ready materials.
Successful candidates will support deal teams with a wide variety of tasks around our M&A advisory mandates. In particular, the work will typically cover the following:
- Work with clients and participate in the execution of cross-border M&A transactions
- Provide support to senior investment banking professionals to develop marketing leads and ideas to generate new business
- Define and prepare financial and technical analysis for various M&A engagements covering both public and private companies, including buyside, sellside, corporate carve-outs, and cross-border M&A situations
- Assisting senior bankers in process management, e.g. due diligence
- Support negotiations and preparation of key transaction documents including confidentiality agreements, merger agreements, sale leaseback agreements, asset purchase agreements, other ancillary documents and deal marketing materials
- Conduct due diligence and assess seller’s and target’s business plans, growth prospects and financial performance
- Perform valuation analysis and apply diverse methodologies, including comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buyout analysis, and discounted cash flow analysis
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with client’s senior team members
We are interested in candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Strong quantitative and accounting skills – Having a deep understanding of valuation and broad finance and should be able to guide and challenge juniors in financial modeling
- Minimum at least a years’ experience working on deals through the entire execution phase. Experience working on cross-border mandates welcomed
- Strong client management skills – ability to earn the trust and respect of client teams such that clients contact him/her first for daily tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic, a “team player,” organized and high level of attention to detail
- Strong leadership mindset – able to facilitate more effective delivery by working with junior team to improve performance
- Interested candidates can apply to this role or can send their CV directly to me to email@example.com
- *Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to respond on an individual basis.