Investment Associate (Private Investments)
- 60K + Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Associates Asia Pte Ltd
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
We are hiring for an Investment Associate (Private Investments) to join our Global Investment Services team in our Singapore office.
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients’ needs wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,300 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world. Between 2011 and 2015, our clients deployed $65 billion in commitments to private investments funds under our advisement.
The private investments Investment Associate (IA) will focus the bulk of his or her time on clients with private investment programs (venture capital, private equity, private credit, private real assets, etc.) and will work closely with investment directors who are specialized in the same asset class to provide investment and market research, analysis, and investment recommendations to our clients. The role involves quantitative analysis as well as a strong qualitative component as IAs need to describe market conditions and relay investment recommendations to clients in written reports.
Each IA is typically responsible for six to eight client relationships and handles several projects at once. Every IA is responsible for arranging his or her schedule and priorities in order to meet deadlines; however, there is a strong tradition of teamwork and cooperation among members of the IA group to help manage the workload.
• Work with investment directors to build and manage private investment programs for clients
• Prepare investment memos and client presentation materials related to investment manager recommendations, portfolio updates, and other thematic discussion topics customized for clients
• Synthesize firm research and highlight interesting new private investment ideas and maintain a customized investment pipeline for each client
• Gather and analyze clients’ historical performance and company exposure data with the aim of developing a strategy for their private investments portfolio, understanding portfolio geographical and sector exposures, and identifying performance drivers/detractors
• Liaise with the Performance Reporting Group in the preparation of clients’ performance reports
• Serve as an interface between clients, research teams, and investment managers for client questions and requests
• Work with investment directors on manager due diligence projects
• A demonstrated interest in private investments including venture capital, private equity, private credit and private real assets
• Familiarity with the private investment manager landscape would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite
• Strong writing ability and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Shows good initiative and a curiosity to learn
• Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
• A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiarity with computer databases and spreadsheets, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree (any major) with a record of high academic achievement
• Fresh graduates and individuals with 0-3 years of work experience are welcomed to apply
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter for consideration.